Entering a new school is a big step for children and their families. It all starts Monday, April 18 when Henrico County Public Schools will begin registering new students for the 2022-23 school year. After parents or guardians begin the online registration process, the school registrar will contact them to arrange an in-person appointment to bring additional documents to the school.
To enroll a child in HCPS kindergarten, the child must reside in Henrico County with a parent or court-appointed legal custodian and be 5 years old by Sept. 30.
How to register your child, starting April 18:
- Go to www.henricoschools.us/registration/, where you’ll find a link to the registration portal, as well as instructions and information about the documents you’ll need to register your student.
- Click the button to go to the HCPS Online Registration portal.
- Within the portal, complete:
- The Enrollment Form (parts 1 and 2).
- The Home Language Survey.
- The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act screening form.
- Upload the additional documents spelled out on our registration page.
- Submit your registration to your school online.
- Your school’s registrar will contact you to arrange an in-person appointment to bring additional documents to the school.
If you need to find the school your child will attend, use the HCPS School Locator by going to www.henricoschools.us/school-locator/.